TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 PM
boostedGMC

Default Jack I need to call you in the morning.

Jack
Big problem. While changing the oil for our appt. in the morning, I looked into any causes of a low oil pressure situation I have been having. Hot pressure was 40psi warm at idle 20 maybe 18psi. These trucks normally have 65 cold 40 warm.
I dropped the oil from the pan and probed the pan with a piece of #6 wire and immediatley bump the pick up tube and it was off the pump. Needless to say I am very pissed. To drop the pan on these trucks you either pull the motor or drop the front diff. I am not setup in my garage to do either. So I need to talk to you about the tuning or lack off tuning. So Sorry
Jeff
Old 09-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelsonwheels View Post
Jack
Big problem. While changing the oil for our appt. in the morning, I looked into any causes of a low oil pressure situation I have been having. Hot pressure was 40psi warm at idle 20 maybe 18psi. These trucks normally have 65 cold 40 warm.
I dropped the oil from the pan and probed the pan with a piece of #6 wire and immediatley bump the pick up tube and it was off the pump. Needless to say I am very pissed. To drop the pan on these trucks you either pull the motor or drop the front diff. I am not setup in my garage to do either. So I need to talk to you about the tuning or lack off tuning. So Sorry
Jeff
SORRY TO HEAR THAT, BUT NO PROBLEM FROM MY END, I'M BURRIED.. opps, caps on.. If you need us to tackle that, we can. Just let me know and we'll make arrangements.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:03 PM
boostedGMC

Hi Jack,
The truck is running well. I still need to get with you and get this tuning done. I think all the bugs are out of it as far as I can tell. I have not been able to put my foot in it for so long I forget how fast it once was. Can I give you a call Friday morning to set something up in the neer future?
Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Married Man

Sounds good, I'll be around..