TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 05-26-2009, 11:33 AM

Default Broken Crankshaft

Jack
I have a question and with your knowledge of this engine, I'm hoping you can shed some light on my mis fortune.
I had a new build put together for my by my local builder here in Ontario, Canada.
I had 600 miles on it, never raced and only 10 pounds of boost max.
It has a 212 212 cam, forged pistons, ARP everything. 66 BB turbo new from you, alky and turbo tweak chip, transmission has a 3600 stall NL and shift kit.
Just to give you an idea of the power plant.
Anyways I was driving the car on the street under normal driving conditions and the crankshaft broke. Have you ever heard of this happening? If so what could of caused the crankshaft to break?
Thanks Ted
Old 05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN4412 View Post
Jack
I have a question and with your knowledge of this engine, I'm hoping you can shed some light on my mis fortune.
I had a new build put together for my by my local builder here in Ontario, Canada.
I had 600 miles on it, never raced and only 10 pounds of boost max.
It has a 212 212 cam, forged pistons, ARP everything. 66 BB turbo new from you, alky and turbo tweak chip, transmission has a 3600 stall NL and shift kit.
Just to give you an idea of the power plant.
Anyways I was driving the car on the street under normal driving conditions and the crankshaft broke. Have you ever heard of this happening? If so what could of caused the crankshaft to break?
Thanks Ted

Ted,

Sorry to hear that. It does happen, do you know if it was a turbo crank or NA crank? Did they mag the crank, it could have been cracked from before rebuilding... and yes, I have seen guys back their car out of the driveway and have it break. Could have been damaged from previous detonation ..