TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Old 11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by phagen28 View Post
Ok finally got back out in the car. With the regapped plugs the skip before the 1-2 shift is fixed,(more power now than anytime since I've had the car) thanks.I had already ordered a new wastegate solenoid from GM, locally. I ordered and put in GM p/n 1997227. which is listed for a deisel truck. made a plug adapter for it that would fit the male pins on the factory plug and then go on to the new sol. which also has 2 pins. I have also ordered an already made up adapter harness.this now gives me 14-15 lbs of boost now getting no K/R most times and maybe 1.2 deg some other times.as well as my question about the TPS on my prev post, I also wonder why I would get a different reading from the IAC sometimes.(always warmed up to 160 deg at idle). had it set to 20 with the TPS set to .44 with key on engine off, ran the car to work and came home, checked the numbers again when I got home and had IAC reading of 46. does this indicate that it needs cleaning and/or maybe a new one.
thanks for any advice
Paul
Sounds good, making progress... the IAC sounds like it is in the ballpark. In gear it tends to rise a little in park it is lower.. cleaning is a good idea if you haven't done it..
Old 07-18-2011, 03:02 AM

Default knocking again

Back to the forum with another knock situation. My car has been running great. Plenty of power with little or no knock retard on the Scanmaster. I still have not been able to get much boost over 12lbs.
Now I had a problem with the battery and had to replace it. Since the battery replacement, I seem to have alot of K/R at almost anything over 1/2 throttle.
I am wondering if The computer will have to be readjusted with regard to the chip. My chip has been identified on an earlier post in this thread.could this be a possibility? maybe it's lean now or something like that. I will post a new set of numbers but am just trying to see if I'm thinking of something that is a possibility.
thanks