TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Miscellaneous > Customer Cars

Customer Cars Post up your rides!

Old 12-13-2008, 02:29 AM

Default Well, why not...

Hi All-i was just thinking that although my T-Type isn't a show car, or run 10's. it's still my favorite car and i thought i'd put up a picture and tell you about it. its an 86 in Rosewood with a burgandy buckets-console interior. it was bought new from Gimli Motors (the same town that has the dragstrip in Manitoba) and i am the 3rd owner. i got it about 10 years ago and have stored it on and off 2 or 3 years at a time. i have been a buick guy since these cars were new and i was in high school. in fact my dad and i made a 76 Skyhawk with an 81 carbed turbo 3.8. I was a great car with a bunch of Kenne-Bell parts and it ran 13.6 at 101 with dead valve springs- the motor flattened out at 4800 after a couple summers of 'tuning'! i have a pic of me with it, but i had a terrible mullett and don't want to subject you good folks to that!!

As for the T-Type, i did the trans with a bent D5 shortly after i got it (LU still doesn't work), then took it to the track and it was doing peg-legged burnouts and running 13.7 as a best with and a K&N cone and 3" dual exhaust, stock DP. the weird thing was that it was going through the traps in 3rd at 4400. i had heard that the 3.42's were the right gear for the car but this felt wrong, so i took it into get the posi rebuilt and 4.10 gears installed. well, it didn't have a posi to rebuild and the 3.42's were gone and it had 3.08's in its place! i got hosed, that's not how i bought the car - the diff shop even showed me the piece of ring gear that was still in the diff when they drained the oil. a couple years later i got a chip and 3" DP - my Dad being the old school hot rodder that he is, had the turbo cover and downpipe chrome plated. I got the GNX rear seat brace kit, adj FPR and OE front support bars for it as well. Dad also didn't like the crack in the windshield and got a new one. the comp chip i got (Red Green or something) didn't do anything so i tried another one-it was the same so it has the stocker in there now.

i haven't had it to the track since i first got it because i really don't like the 4.10 gears. this summer is the first time in about 3 years i had the car out again and the first time i talked to anybody about upgrades. another board member has 'hooked me up' with some great parts and made it fit my very tight budget. i plan on making another mod or 2 to the car-probably the razor alky kit based on the data i have gotten from this great board.

once again i have to say Thanks for Jack being in the buick community as long as he has-the only other name i can think of who's been around that long is Ken Duttweiler (and maybe Jim Ruggles -but thats another story!)

thanks again Jack. i really appreciate your help and the work you've done.

matt c

PS : the date code on pics is wrong, i took these in October 08 - i have no idea how to set that darn camera up!
PPS: the cars a little dirty because it was raining and i was driving it!

Last edited by I8AV8; 12-13-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:18 PM

Hey Matt

That is such a nice looking car! I've always liked them in that color.

You do need to do some serious cleaning on those rims, though.
And if you find something that works really good, please post ... 'cause ours look almost as bad!

And hey; you should post the pic of the Skyhawk!
Don't worry about the mullet. It was the style at the time! (Unless you still wear the same style?)
I, for one, can't critcize. Back in the day, I had a mullet that would have made Billy Ray Cyrus proud!

Barry
Old 12-13-2008, 07:30 PM

I keep telling him to throw these on!

Powerstroke IC, Forged Stroker,GN 1's,Razor alky, XFI, 3.5" DP, Extrm stg2 tranny,TA Headers
PTC 9.5 N/L 3400 stall
Old 12-13-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrozWE4 View Post
Hey Matt

That is such a nice looking car! I've always liked them in that color.

You do need to do some serious cleaning on those rims, though.
And if you find something that works really good, please post ... 'cause ours look almost as bad!

And hey; you should post the pic of the Skyhawk!
Don't worry about the mullet. It was the style at the time! (Unless you still wear the same style?)
I, for one, can't critcize. Back in the day, I had a mullet that would have made Billy Ray Cyrus proud!

Barry
Thanks Barry! those rims were factory painted black, and well, they're just hard to get clean! I used to use Eagle1 aluminum wheel cleaner-that stuff was really, really good-it kept the centerlines on the skyhawk looking like new, but i can't find that stuff anywhere anymore-everything nowadays as to be 'clearcoat safe' - i'll have to open a new can of Elbow Grease if i keep them on the car next year! WSLN6's rims look real nice...Ooops - i'm not supposed to mention him...

I'll post a pic of the 'Hawk - if i can find a better picture (without me in it) if not, i'll put the Mullet picture up...

..it takes a brave brave man to admit he wore a 'Kentucky Waterfall' -my hats' off to you...no pun intended!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 PM

Dang, WSLN6! That's what I'm talkin' about!

I need something that will make ours look like that.

Hey Matt,

My apologies. I didn't realize your rims were the black painted ones.

I thought they were the all grey like WSLN6's.

Hey! Maybe ours are the rare, factory "brownish-grime" color?

I used to use Eagle 1 products, too. Chrome wheel cleaner.
I remember when it first came out, it was a two-stage system with a cleaner and a separate "neutralizer".
Old 12-14-2008, 06:43 PM
I can't drive 55!

Nice car. I always liked that color.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 PM
delinquent taxpayer

Love the look as is with that hot color and the greyish wheels. I was thinkin about powdercoating my rims to get that effect. It looks bad azz