TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 08-28-2009, 11:09 PM

Default could my tranny cause this to happen

Whats up Jack,my question is 3 weeks ago i ended up going to the track and was able to make 4 passes this time with my drag radials.The 1st,2nd and last pass was done on over drive and the 3rd was on drive.I notice that i was hitting the rev limiter very close to the finish line when i was in drive but not in over drive.All number from my scanaster looked fine,i was wondering if my new build tranny/conv was causing this to happen.
By the way the builder of my tranny was Jimmy the guy that all of us chicago boys use
pretty much all the runs were all the same with 5psi off the line and 23 down the track
12.17 @111mph
12.28 @111mph
12.17 @109mph
12.09 @112mph

To me the tranny felt alittle lazy going into 3rd
210/210 DLS roller cam kit,2 1/2 hookers exhaust,test pipe,t49 turbo @ 20psi,42LB,billet adj fuel regulator,adj waste gate, tt chip,160 thermostat,hot wire kit,torque strap,boost&vac gauge,knock gauge,,billet aluminum vacuum block,17'' budnik wheels,Scanmaster,LT1 MAF,Translator,Vigilante 9 1/2 torque converter 2800 TO 3200 stall,trans cooler,Jimmy's rebuild trans,walbro fuel pump,PTE stock location ic,37,000plus miles

and maybe alky to be a little slower