TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 08-03-2010, 12:50 PM

Exclamation excessive valvetrain noise after 2nd set of lifters..

I am currently running your basic roller cam 206/206 I believe on stock heads w t&d roller rockets 1.55. I purchased the whole kit from you. After the first set of liters was no good you sent me the racing ones. After installation setting lash etc its still loud. I am up to a full turn and still no difference. I set and tested @ 1/4 intervals. I dismantle once again to notice the pushrods are rubbing. I only took the rockets off on one side and noticed all the pushrods have rub marks on them. I want to test the spring pressure and was wondering what it should be? They are the K-Motion ones. What should be my next step? Any tips suggestions are greatly appreciated.. thx Jack.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho6 View Post
I am currently running your basic roller cam 206/206 I believe on stock heads w t&d roller rockets 1.55. I purchased the whole kit from you. After the first set of liters was no good you sent me the racing ones. After installation setting lash etc its still loud. I am up to a full turn and still no difference. I set and tested @ 1/4 intervals. I dismantle once again to notice the pushrods are rubbing. I only took the rockets off on one side and noticed all the pushrods have rub marks on them. I want to test the spring pressure and was wondering what it should be? They are the K-Motion ones. What should be my next step? Any tips suggestions are greatly appreciated.. thx Jack.
Not sure what or how loud "loud" is... but it is not unusal to hear the lifters, no matter what ones we use. I have used the new Morel lifters with pretty much no differance at all in the sounds coming from the top end.. As for adjustment, I recommend (zero lash then 1\4 to 1\3 turn). That is the most I would tighten the lash. When you say rubbing are you saying you see the metal worn off or the side of the rod is shiney?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:24 PM

Yes you see it shiny. My friend said it almost reminds him of a solid cam. It embarrassing loud. You might hear the valvetrain b4 you hear the car
Old 08-03-2010, 01:26 PM

As for the lash I tried it at 1/4 and there's wasn't a difference. It seemed to quiet down a little at 3/4 turn..