TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 03-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Who needs radios -.-

Default Need a good direction to go

Ok my 87 turbo T was in storage all last year due to school putting me in the hole $$$ wise but this year I plan on finishing it to a decent extent. Im looking to make the car go mid to high 10's. Or for this summer at least have the motor and most bolt ons 10 sec worthy. I believe I will still be rocking the stock trans this summer but no biggie. Here is what I have done to teh car at the moment.

Eagle Forged crank, JE +.020” pistons,Billet steel main caps, ATR 210/210 full billet rollercam kit with doubleroller chain and HV front cover and oil pump, BHJ balancer, JW flywheel, Champion CNC series ported steel heads including ARP studs and matching CNC ported lower intake, HRPartsNStuff Poly motor mounts.Precision PT-51/.63 turbocharger,TH 3” downpipe w/atr wastegate, ATR Mbc, ATR 3” single ss exhaust w/ test pipe, MSD 50# injectors, Billet top adjustable fuel regulator, Walbro GSS340M fuel pump with hotwire, 160 thermostat, Eastern Performance FMIC,14” K&N cold air intake system, Precision Industries Vigilante 9.5” 3000 stall lockup converter, fully built transmission with billet servo and TransGO shift kit. New stuff not installed: Razors Alky kit.

Sorry for the long crummy mod list but thats teh just of it. The day I put the car in storage I was hearing a slight lifter tick. I figure I need new roller rockers as well considering I have a well built motor still rockin the stock ones -.-

I have been considering a few things. I removed my ac unit already. As for turbos I was looking at the 66, seems to have the right amount of umph : ) A bigger throttle body and some bigger IC pipes, injectors (and then will my solo walbro hold up???), new chips(sry no comp this year) etc.... aswell. IDk I could go on all day but the just of the matter is im trying to really put down a concrete list of things I need to purchase from you...hint hint : )and start ordering piece by piece so when summer hits I have a garage full of things ready for assemble once the car gets painted and out of the shop : )

I was big into dsm's until my father let me take out his old 12 sec T. From that day on I was hooked and got the GN bug badly : ) So im still learning all I can about gn's. Lucky I have my father, he seems to fix all and has been the only reason my cars work correctly
Old 03-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Married Man

Hmmm, not bad, got some good stuiff there. I'm not sure who I am talking to, I keep meaning to post a thread requesting we sign a name.. It drives me a little nuttie... to impersonal..

Ok, the 66 sound good, bigger injectors are a good idea as well as the chip. We should be able to help you make those final choices when you are ready, let me know and we'll dial it in.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Who needs radios -.-

Sry about that I believe i have spoke to you on the phone once before my name is josh from milwaukee. I am friends with steve who recommended me to you. He has that 85 gn with the 87 conversion. I believe he went with teh gtq70 and a fast comp you had. Me and him have bout the same goals for our regals, however he has a turbo400 trans that i dont, i believe he was tired of his 3rd or 4th rebuild. Mine held up very well for a year of beating so im still impressed so far

Edit: On another note, I ran 3 diff MBC's on my car last year and it seemed I was retuning boost 24/7.None of them had ever held correctly for more than a night, i was constantly messing with them and the wastegate and it came to the point I couldnt even get the boost I wanted, checked hoses and they were all good, wastegate was good etc.... i was out of ideas at the end of the summer. Im thinking of dropping the cash on an electronic boost controller,any input on boost controllers that have worked well for you?

Last edited by H2Prince; 03-08-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:03 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Prince View Post
Edit: On another note, I ran 3 diff MBC's on my car last year and it seemed I was retuning boost 24/7.None of them had ever held correctly for more than a night, i was constantly messing with them and the wastegate and it came to the point I couldnt even get the boost I wanted, checked hoses and they were all good, wastegate was good etc.... i was out of ideas at the end of the summer. Im thinking of dropping the cash on an electronic boost controller,any input on boost controllers that have worked well for you?

We reall y like the MSBC controller, works great and has been around for several years with minor upgrades and improvements every year. Check out the threads on it in the new product forum..