TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 07-11-2008, 09:35 PM

Default head torque

I am getting my motor from the shop on mon and wanted to confirm what to do on the head gasket torque from a guy that has tried everything . Cometic gasket spray both sides with copper spray torque heads do start up then retorque when hot? any hints with the heads or the start up would be appreciated. I dont think I could take wiping a cam or another motor rebuild. thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by typetmkp View Post
I am getting my motor from the shop on mon and wanted to confirm what to do on the head gasket torque from a guy that has tried everything . Cometic gasket spray both sides with copper spray torque heads do start up then retorque when hot? any hints with the heads or the start up would be appreciated. I dont think I could take wiping a cam or another motor rebuild. thanks in advance.
I think I spoke with you on the phone, did you get your questions answered here....?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:56 PM

I dont think that I spoke with you. any advice on head torque or helpfull hints for 1st startup would be of help. I have done a couple one went bad can't afford for this one to go bad thanks for your time.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by typetmkp View Post
Retorque the heads a second time 5-6 hrs later before finishing assembly. Wiping the cam is a crapshoot, using a roller cam is the best way to prevent wiping lobes. If you are using a stock type hydraulic tappet cam, make sure the fan is on high, the coolant is topped off and the car starts immediately upon cranking it. Also, make sure you have thouroughly primed the oiling system before installing the cam sensor while turning the motor over slowly by hand. Upon start-up, bring RPM's up to 2000rpm for 20 minutes, keep an eye on the oil pressure and temp.. make sure the coolant is topped off after the thermostat opens..