TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 12-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Rims and Tires

I am really new with my 87 gn, which has some mods. My question is that I would like to buy weld pro stars and run mt et streets 275/60/15. I do not want to roll the lip or rub the rail (no spacer). I thought maybe 15x8 with a 4" bs?????
Your experience will be my decision.
Thanks
Old 12-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Morgan View Post
I am really new with my 87 gn, which has some mods. My question is that I would like to buy weld pro stars and run mt et streets 275/60/15. I do not want to roll the lip or rub the rail (no spacer). I thought maybe 15x8 with a 4" bs?????
Your experience will be my decision.
Thanks
HI Dan, welcome,

You have the right idea, you'll need about a 4" back space on an 8" rim. Not sure if those Weld's come with a 4" back space...
Old 12-23-2007, 01:48 AM

Jack,
Thanks for the quick response and information. I do have one more question if you don't mind.
Where should the fuel pressure be set for 22#
I have a stock motor with 38K, with a TA49, reds 107 chip, reds fuel pump, valve springs, hooker exhaust, THDP 3", 009 green tops, reds hot wire kit, K&N big mouth, air bags, race gas - the rest stock, and the car went 11.90 in Ohio where I picked it up from one of Red's guys. Also wondering what to do with it next? I will take it to Englishtown in the spring and put the wood to it.
P.S. It's my first GM car, I had small block ford 8.20's on spray 9.30's on motor, no computers - single carb. This is all really new.
Thanks for the support.
Dan
Old 12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Married Man

Dan, the fuel pressure can vary with the chip maker and what level the chip was programed for. Being a Red's chip, I think he likes a base of 45lbs.. maybe someone else can chime in with experience with that chip... either way, you will need to monitor O2 at WOT and adjust from there, we usually like to see 750-800 on the O2 and of course no detontaion..