TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Team Cotton's Performance > Ask Jack
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Jack The best place to find me for any reason

Old 09-13-2008, 09:13 AM

Default Gen 7 DFI

In a previous post you told someone to get rid of his DFI. I was just wondering what it was you don't like about the Gen 7. I had it on my 8 second Stang, that I recently sold, and it worked great. I'm picking-up my first Buick, an 87 t-type, in a couple days, and I've been checking-out your site for winter-time upgrades. Thanks, Chris.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboChrisBenji View Post
In a previous post you told someone to get rid of his DFI. I was just wondering what it was you don't like about the Gen 7. I had it on my 8 second Stang, that I recently sold, and it worked great. I'm picking-up my first Buick, an 87 t-type, in a couple days, and I've been checking-out your site for winter-time upgrades. Thanks, Chris.
Chris,

I started out with the gen 6 many years ago, thought it was the best thing going at the time. Far better than using a chip, which incidentally, at the time, I was having fits with on my car. I installed a Gen6, car ran perfect. Back then it was the best, then the FAST came out, it killed the 6, I had more and easier adjustability and the screens made more sense. It was difficult to tune with a 6, so when Accel spent 5 plus years announcing the 7 was coming out, in hopes their 6 customers would not purchase the FAST, I felt they misled us, many of us switched to the FAST and had no reason to purchase a 7 after that, especially since there was very little support anywhere for the 7. Not to mention, the cost to purchase all the parts needed to get the 7 to where it had anywhere close to the features of the FAST were quite abit more.. Unless you wanted to spend big bucks with Job Spedder of Turbo People.. you pretty much were on your own to figure it out. FAST support was great, I learned how to use it quickly, as did the many Buick owners out here. Go to a track today and if you look for help with a 7 you are likely to not find it. Look for help for a FAST, there are experts everywhere..