TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
delinquent taxpayer

Question Obama OR McCain survey

I could rant about how upset I am with this and that but the bottom line is either you're voting for change and hope or you're going with experience and more of the same?

Count in all legal household voters

2 Obama votes here
(mine is a swing vote from a guy who thought the republicans had his back)
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Hell, I'd vote for Sponge Bob Squarepants if it would just end the damn election. I'm hearing all the Gd trash talking commercials in my sleep......and I don't even like that Sponge Bob freak.

My real take on this. I liked GW, but I think that he could have done better, but I also think that the Democratic Congress has made it difficult and are partly responsible for this mess we are in.
Me, I'm a Republican, but won't just close my eyes and vote republican if I think there is a better candidate with better ideas out there. Obama? I haven't actually heard him say anything with substance yet. McCain might be from GWs party, but I think we need someone strong enough to hit the big red button if need be, or to call an attack if need be. We need the world to be afraid of us. That will help keep us safe. Obama? If voted POTUS, he will no longer have the luxury of voting "present" when something comes across his desk. He has to say yes or no. I don't want the president learning to drive when he is behind the wheel of a tractor trailer on a crowded interstate. Let him learn on some back road in a small car, so that he'll do less damage.

So, that would be 2 for McCain.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:33 PM
delinquent taxpayer

well said Wagon - love the analogy

for me the thought of giving an obama vote has me wincing - My votes in the past have leaned as far right as Pat Buchanan and I'd have voted for David Duke at one point in my younger (albeit less wiser!) life.

When can you remember an election where townspeople have made their OWN lawn signs in support? Thats happening in my town and it's partly for that reason that I'm just feeling McCain 's going to get crushed.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM
The Boss

Great opinion Brian....One vote for McCain....mainly because of who has more political experience....I think Obama is an excellent speaker....good at saying what people want to hear!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:31 PM

If I thought he would actually bring about "beneficial" change, all of Obama's rhetoric (god he is a smooth talker) might be desirable. Unfortunately, I don't think the change he has in store for us will do it. There is too much denial of anything he has been quoted as saying in the past, and even the present to make him comfortable with him. You have to ask yourself, "self? do you really think everything he says he can do wouldn't already have been done if it was truely that easy or inexpensive (a.k.a - no new taxes)? I seem to remember when slick Willie got elected the Dems had this great plan to bring health care to the masses. Unfortunately cost, reasonableness and other factors got in the way. Seems the Dems have shifted from JFK's "ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country" . Seems like the new mantra is "ask not what you can do for your country; ask what your country can do for you". These two votes go to McCain/Palin. Alas, I live in MA and the state's outcome is already preordained to be Obama/Biden. I fear that if the Dems really get a 60 vote majority (can and will block off any fillibusters) in the Senate, we are in for an ugly and very expensive 4 years.

I believe that the general public doesn't really understand taxes and where the government gets its money from. Businesses really don't pay taxes, people taxes. To use Jack as an example, he has no tax liablilty until someone buys something. If sells enough stuff, the government says he has to pay a tax. Jack has a choice. He can either eat the cost of the tax or pass it on as part of the cost of his products, neither of which is a good option, but those are his choices. Now if the government decides he has to pay MORE taxes, he can either eat it and take it out of his meager profit (but have less money to either pay his current employees and/or prevent him from hiring another employee) or again pass the cost on to the consumer through raised prices, potentially costing him sales, but making less profit and maybe pay less taxes which won't give the government the extra revenue they thought they would get to EXPAND government services. Who wins in this scenario? Certainly not his employees or customers.

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120
Old 10-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Nitro boy

Here's my take---

Obama is a photo of a t-bone steak, and his supporters are a pack of starving dogs. He looks soooooo good 'cause they are soooo hungry, but there is no substance there. In the end, the dogs will still be starving! I'm voting for Palin!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Here's my take---

....... I'm voting for Palin!
You mean McCain?

We know where your mind is.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:17 AM
I can't drive 55!

McCain/Palin x2

I think there are too many things that are up in the air about Obama. For me alot of things just don't add up. At least, McCain you know what you got. Maybe the lesser of the two evils.

I am not a political expert.... But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night....
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:39 AM

Anybody that lies in a fox hole and is a prisoner of war and gives no info to his captors loves his country!

McCain/Palin here in the Midwest
Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
If I thought he would actually bring about "beneficial" change, all of Obama's rhetoric (god he is a smooth talker) might be desirable. Unfortunately, I don't think the change he has in store for us will do it. There is too much denial of anything he has been quoted as saying in the past, and even the present to make him comfortable with him. You have to ask yourself, "self? do you really think everything he says he can do wouldn't already have been done if it was truely that easy or inexpensive (a.k.a - no new taxes)? I seem to remember when slick Willie got elected the Dems had this great plan to bring health care to the masses. Unfortunately cost, reasonableness and other factors got in the way. Seems the Dems have shifted from JFK's "ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country" . Seems like the new mantra is "ask not what you can do for your country; ask what your country can do for you". These two votes go to McCain/Palin. Alas, I live in MA and the state's outcome is already preordained to be Obama/Biden. I fear that if the Dems really get a 60 vote majority (can and will block off any fillibusters) in the Senate, we are in for an ugly and very expensive 4 years.

I believe that the general public doesn't really understand taxes and where the government gets its money from. Businesses really don't pay taxes, people taxes. To use Jack as an example, he has no tax liablilty until someone buys something. If sells enough stuff, the government says he has to pay a tax. Jack has a choice. He can either eat the cost of the tax or pass it on as part of the cost of his products, neither of which is a good option, but those are his choices. Now if the government decides he has to pay MORE taxes, he can either eat it and take it out of his meager profit (but have less money to either pay his current employees and/or prevent him from hiring another employee) or again pass the cost on to the consumer through raised prices, potentially costing him sales, but making less profit and maybe pay less taxes which won't give the government the extra revenue they thought they would get to EXPAND government services. Who wins in this scenario? Certainly not his employees or customers.
Yaaaa!!!! What he said!!!

I'm voting with my wife, Bob and Brian and whoever else votes McCain. I was impressed the first time I heard "Sama" talking on the morning news channel. Thought he answered all the questions beautifully.. When the Reverend Wright caper surfaced, I really saw or heard no good reasons from "Sama'S" relationship with him. I think we can all agree that Wright is WACKED!! The way I see it, Wright went after "Sama" because "Sama" was trying to dish his relationship with him, he didn't want the public to know of his association with him. I have watched the media just burry all of Sama's short comings and try to make mountains out of Palins personal and public image. Never once giving her a fair shake. In my book the media has nothing on her, their attempt to discredit her only pushes me toward her and McCain. I really have seen no substance from "Sama", he refuses to take credit for his past mediocrity. Nor does he accept responsibility for his associations. He is a great speaker and equally exceptional at deflecting the truth..