TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 11-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Default Pictures from Reynolds

Getting things sorted out and drug the car down to reynolds and ran a 9.46 straight off the trailer. Then blew the rear end up in the car. Here are some photos from the weekend.

1.37 60 foot 9.46 @142.67mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg roastem.jpg (56.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg launch.jpg (58.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-16-2008, 10:04 PM
I can't drive 55!

WOW! Congrats Sam! You really got yourselves an awesome ride! Now that is flyin'. Your gonna need wheelie bars soon! Sorry to hear about the rear. I did the same thing a year and a half ago. Broke the ring gear in half, yoke on the drive shaft and input shaft in the trans. What were you leaving at?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:31 PM

4600 RPM and 13 pounds.
Oh, my wife was driving not me.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:56 AM
I can't drive 55!

Now that is what I'm talkin' about! My wife and I have been talking about her driving our car. She is a little worried about it since she has only run her GTA which run's mid 15's and our SRT-4(since departed). As soon as I saw you posted it I ran and got her and she said, well maybe if we turn the boost all the way down.....at first! I would love for her to do that, I think I might actually even enjoy racing even more!

Again, a big Congrats to you and your wife. Truely a spectacular job.
Hopefully next year we can meet up at one of the Buick events.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 AM

Turn the boost down and put her behind the wheel. I bet you won’t be able to get her out of the drivers seat, and I bet she will be having you turn the boost all the way up sooner than you think. Driving a race car is a lot easier than being a Mom.

I would love to catch up with you, and your family at one of the events. We have a so much fun at the Buick events. Are you planning on attending Bowling Green?

It is snowing out right now, so having a broken car is not that big of a deal right now. We will get it fixed up for next year. The trans was also hurt.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:46 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Colalillo View Post
Turn the boost down and put her behind the wheel. I bet you won’t be able to get her out of the drivers seat, and I bet she will be having you turn the boost all the way up sooner than you think. Driving a race car is a lot easier than being a Mom.

I would love to catch up with you, and your family at one of the events. We have a so much fun at the Buick events. Are you planning on attending Bowling Green?

It is snowing out right now, so having a broken car is not that big of a deal right now. We will get it fixed up for next year. The trans was also hurt.

I know! My wife was said it would be alot easier driving a car down the track than taking care of a 16 month old and a 2 year old! LOL!

I think we have a pretty good chance of going to Bowling Green next year. We had just got a motor home a couple of months back and we are looking forward to taking a trip like that in it. I am just not sure if it would be able to haul the trailer too so I will talk to Jack and maybe work somthing out with him to get it down there. When there is Jack, there is always a way!

Well, I guess with it snowing you guys won't have to be in a rush to get the car fixed. I guess that is the only nice thing about living in an area that snows being a racer. You can have that time to fix the car....and financially recover from the previous season!
Are you guys thinking about putting a spool in it?

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:02 PM

Financial recovery Not sure there is a such thing. How ever I have spent alot of my retirement money on this car which has saved me thousands by not losing it on the current stock market.

We hurt the transmission also. The 36 element super sprauqe died. The only gears left are 1st and reverse. I am kinda glad winter is here.

The car has a spool and 33 spline moser axles. I think I am going to try and set the gears a little tighter and try again, or break down and put a 9" Ford in it. My Friends will hammer me if I do that. I am not a Ford guy at all.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Married Man

Sam,

What did you blow up in the rear....
Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
Sam,

What did you blow up in the rear....
I just blew the teath of the ring and pinoin and hurt the front pinion bearing. Nothing else in the rear end was hurt. I did have the gears set exactly to the center of the GM tolerance. Thinking of trying it with setting it up to the tight side of the tolerance.