TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Suspensions, Street and Strip

Suspensions, Street and Strip This is where we talk about new and different suspension packages and what works best for your type of driving

Old 09-11-2010, 02:57 AM

Default no spin, ok lots

Do you guys think you can get a good launch with 700 hp at the wheels and still have the stock suspension? I now have HR Parts N Stuff upper and lowers with rear sway bar Qa1 double adjustables all around monroso trick springs in the rear and Hotchkis in the front. Running a 295/55R/15 on a 10'' wheel. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagn View Post
Do you guys think you can get a good launch with 700 hp at the wheels and still have the stock suspension? I now have HR Parts N Stuff upper and lowers with rear sway bar Qa1 double adjustables all around monroso trick springs in the rear and Hotchkis in the front. Running a 295/55R/15 on a 10'' wheel. Thanks for any help.
You've got all good stuff, chances are good you can hook at the track. Of course tire type, launch boost control, track condition all play into it as well. Pinion and shock adjustment are also key.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Ok, Thanks for the reply I will try to keep ajusting the shocks I am running mickey Thomson MT/ET radials I was told that hoosiers Quick
Time pro's would be a better for the street/track combo. Air bags are around 10 psi.Thanks Alot
Old 09-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Red face

Quote:
I now have HR Parts N Stuff upper and lowers with rear sway bar Qa1 double adjustables.
I have a rear suspension similar to yours with H&R fixed lenght lower and adjustable upper control arms, sway bar and QA1 shocks and cannot get a decent 60' time (1.50's). I get lots of tire spin and I have serious doubts about that supposedly great sway bar helping my car launch. Sure, it'll make it launch straight, but no more wheels up launches (read: FUN) like before... At the track, I usually begin testing with a middle setting (6 on a scale of 12) on my QA1's. If I fiund that traction's good, then I click up the setting to 7, 8, etc..., but if traction's poor, I click it back down to 5 or 4, etc, but lately, none of these changes made a difference. Could it have something to do with the pinion angle?...I dunno...All I know is that I need to replace the bushings in the control arms which seem to have become too soft over time, making the tires rub against the wheel openings when turning but don't know yet what kind of replacement we'll end up using...but I still don't know if that'll help my car launch wheels up like it did before...
The picture on the left is BEFORE installation of the H&R bar, and the picture on the right is AFTER the installation...(Both pictures were taken at the same track, in the same lane)

Claude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GN E-town.jpg (92.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2FAST4U.jpg (78.1 KB, 8 views)
2012 Lincoln MKX

Last edited by toofastforyou; 09-11-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 AM

Your car looks alot better than mine for sure on the launch. Can I ask how much power you have?
Old 09-12-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Your car looks alot better than mine for sure on the launch. Can I ask how much power you have?
I dunno how much HP because I've never put the car on a dyno (and am not interested in doing so), but maybe Jack can answer that...?
As for the way the car launches, it's not that it's bad...just that with the engine I have, I'd expect the car to leave a lot harder.

Thanks,

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX

Last edited by toofastforyou; 09-12-2010 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Married Man

Hey guys, I use an online HP calculator to figure your HP. I figured Claude's car weighs somewhere around 3800lbs with you in it. Your mph is about 137mph so far and since your HP is based on boost level, you're making around 900 flywheel-HP and about 750-775 wheel-HP. If we turn up the boost, those number will go higher.

As for your 60ft times Claude, I think we are doing better than before..... both pics show the wheels pulled, the 1st pic has the body twisted so the left wheel is a little higher.. Other than the pictures, the fact is the 1.44 60ft I had is the best 60ft? and it didn't spin...... so, I think we just need to get more track time and maybe we'll get that rear bumper dragging or at least a little more air under those tires...
Old 09-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
As for your 60ft times Claude, I think we are doing better than before..... both pics show the wheels pulled, the 1st pic has the body twisted so the left wheel is a little higher.. Other than the pictures, the fact is the 1.44 60ft I had is the best 60ft? and it didn't spin...... so, I think we just need to get more track time and maybe we'll get that rear bumper dragging or at least a little more air under those tires...
Yes Jack, the 1.44 60' time was the best my car ever went. As for putting the car on the rear bumper......well... I'd be the happiest guy in the province of Quebec!

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 09-13-2010, 01:51 AM

What about up front anything for springs or A-arms?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
What about up front anything for springs or A-arms?
Stock springs and A-arms with 90/10 Lakewood shocks, front sway bar removed.

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX