TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default Island Dragway

We will be heading out to Island Dragway this Sunday 5/31/09 with my brother in-law and his vega. Anyone else goin'?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 05-30-2009, 04:24 PM

Default I'll see you there ....

I will have G.M. product and it's not a Buick . It' a slo-motion Carmaro. Your the one with the pinks car right ? That thing flies .... when my GN grows up it will be like that ..... [ the engine is at Bobbies ] See you there
Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineborique View Post
I will have G.M. product and it's not a Buick . It' a slo-motion Carmaro. Your the one with the pinks car right ? That thing flies .... when my GN grows up it will be like that ..... [ the engine is at Bobbies ] See you there
Great! Yes, that's the one, and thanks! Jack and Brian did an awesoeme job on it. Bobby is definelty the man with the Buick engines.

I'll have the Dodge with the black enclosed trailer and my brother in law will have a white with a white enclosed. See you tomorrow!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:13 PM
I can't drive 55!

Default Update

Well, before we went to the track on Sunday, I brought the alternator over Advanced auto parts to get checked out. My charging system was only at 12.6 volts @ wot on the passes from LVD. It checked out good. I put the alternator back in the car, and hooked the battery charger up to it. The charger display was reading that the battery was only 50% charged. I left it on a 2 amp trickle charge the whole night.
I checked it in the morning and it was up to 14.4 volts and 100% charged. I went over to the alternator and tightened the belt up and started reconnecting everything when I smelled brake fluid.... My front line on my master had a pinhole in it and was leaking! I called up Eddie, (turbonatr) and he had one sitting on his shelf, from a kit tht he bought. I brought the car over there Sunday morning and we put the line in and bled the brakes. Loaded the car up and we were off!

We got our first pass in around 1:45 pm. I ran a 9.53 @141.59 and Eddie ran a 8.98 with his Vega, lifting about 3/4 track!

When I got back to the pits and opened my hood, I noticed water coming out of my lower radiator hose. The hose blistered and broke through right by the header going up to the turbo. We cut the hose and did a quick fix, filled it up with water and we made sure everything looked good. Our next pass Eddie ran a 8.90 @153! It was my turn now. We had adjusted the HR bar one more turn to try to get the 60' down. The car left like an animal, I got about 70 feet out and the lower hose repair blew off and water sprayed out all over the rear tires. It was pretty hairy, your going from a dead hook launch pretty much to being on ice. I noticed it right away and I got pretty loose but I straightened her out and got back to the return road without any incident.

I got my time slip and I 60' 1.384. I think that pass would have been a 9.4x for sure! All in all it was a great day. We both had a couple of great passes and lived to tell about it! I have pics and video. I will post the pics later on today. I am still trying to figure out how to save the mini dvd to the computer to a file to post up the video.....

Jack, something is screwy with the boost still. just like at the Valley, car still runs the same #'s even when I turn the boost up? Just now it actually is registering that the boost on the XFI is matching the boost on the controller? I can't imagine that the turbo is maxed out. Maybe I am running through my converter? I plugged everything into the TCI converter slip calculater, came up with 16.9456 slip. I don't know. It's driving me nuts tho, I thought for sure once we got the boost to register on the XFI the same as the controller that the et and the mph would improve.
I am sure it's something simple. I am going to hook up a mechanical boost gauge to see if the boost actually matches what the controller and the XFI is showing.

New best 9.44 @ 143!

Last edited by trbochrgd1; 06-01-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM

Unhappy All dressed up & could't go ...

Man !!! Looks like I missed some fun at the track Sunday . You guys ran strong . That 60 ft time was awsome . Maybe the track wasn't the only thing that got wet ..... I was all set to depart and Family can get in the way sometimes. Hope to see yah down the road .
Old 06-02-2009, 01:27 AM
I can't drive 55!

Burn out

This was the 1.38 60' run.

Eddie's 8.90 @153 run.

Oh Boy....

Yeah, getting close to the guard rail!

New best 9.44 @ 143!

Last edited by trbochrgd1; 06-02-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Nitro boy

Sweet pics Michael. Looks like she just steaming down the track.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:32 AM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Sweet pics Michael. Looks like she just steaming down the track.
Don't know why the pics were quoted in the above post. I used the "quick reply" tab. You have an awsome car brother! Hope to get mine back soon. I'm getting bored around here.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHynes View Post
Don't know why the pics were quoted in the above post. I used the "quick reply" tab. You have an awsome car brother! Hope to get mine back soon. I'm getting bored around here.
Thank God it was just water! It was a hell of a ride!

Thanks Brian! I can't wait to see you run your car. Now that is a car that is show and go!

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I can't drive 55!

Default Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGsoSxn1Glc

Here is the video of Eddie's Vega running 8.90 @153 and my GN launching and steaming the track down.

New best 9.44 @ 143!