TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 03-23-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Thanks Jack Cotton..

Everything went well today. I thought there were going to be issues with the 6262 turbo install on a STOCK setup.

I am using a stock ported elbow and stock DP w/ the 6262 turbo by PTE.
Also, using a Hallman Boost Controller and a HD act. I could not port the exhaust housing because of the stock puck. Jack ported the inside of the ex. housing however.

I set the fuel pressure at 48lbs to be safe. The boost was on the lowest setting of 18lbs. Well, I mashed it... Watched the 02's... everything sounded excellent. 02's came in at upper 860's at 18lbs on 93 Octane!

The Turbo feels SWEET! The boost felt really really good well it came on. The boost needle rose SMOOTHLY, when it hit 18lbs. it stopped exactly on the 18lb. line and did not move till I let out. I mean exactly at 18! I only went up to 85 mph but seen NO boost creep.

I am very excited that everything worked out well. I have been throwing a lot of parts at it recently . Little nervous after reading about boost control issues, spike during boost and over boosting w/ the 6262 and 6265. ESPECIALLY, since I was using the stock elbow,puck,DP... I was 100% sure I was going to have a few issues with my setup. No issues and it has never ran so smooth and efficient.

I want to thank Jack for all his help. Talk to you later... Joe