TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 09-03-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
That's great! I am glad that intercooler worked for you. Where did you go Island?
Yeah I went ot Island on August 6th for BBQ and Cruise night. They opened one lane for single car racing.
1987 GN hardtop, 6152e, ESP front mount, SMC progressive alky, 2800 Stall 12", 50lb injectors, hotwired 307, THDP, 2 1/2" exhaust w/ ultra flow muffs, Turbo Tweak alky chip, adj fuel regulator, HD wastegate, RJC Boost Controller, 9" K&N w/ 3" maf pipe, 160* stat, R42TS plugs & 8.5mm MSD's, 15x8.5 GN wheels w/ 275/60/15 MT drag radials
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 AM
I can't drive 55!

I just checked our TIVO and Pinks All Out Takes will air 10/1 @9:30pm and Pinks All Out will air the next day 10/2 at 9:00pm. (We have Direct TV).
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 09-28-2008, 12:52 PM
The Boss

I can hardly wait....we will be able to watch Wednesday but will be on the road to Maryland Thhursday night....we will DVR it though!!!
You'll need to get some sharpies Michael to sign all those autographs. A star in his first appearance.............
Old 09-29-2008, 02:31 AM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBabe View Post
I can hardly wait....we will be able to watch Wednesday but will be on the road to Maryland Thhursday night....we will DVR it though!!!
You'll need to get some sharpies Michael to sign all those autographs. A star in his first appearance.............

I know! We are really excited too! We wish it was first aired on a different date so we could have come up to watch it together.
I will have my sharpies ready! Everyone will say "you know I knew him when he had a 10 sec car!" The reality of it is though, if it wasn't for Jack and Brian, I would have never gotten that far. (I won't elaborate too much for fear of getting into too much trouble)LOL! I just hope there are some good shots of all of us!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to JL ws-6 Send a message via Yahoo to JL ws-6

I'm really looking foreward to this Thursday too.

Sounds like you're got the car running better mike, 9.65 is certainly no slouch.

I went a couple weeks ago to LVD, with the same nitrous jet I had in the car and just a few changes to the tune and suspension I was able to get a 9.55 @ 142 out of it, and got the 60 foot times back into the 1.37 range.

Funny thing is that I had talked about a couple of the changes with my buddy that comes with me to the track all the time and we were gonna do it before the show taping, but decided against it because we knew exactly where the car was. Had we done them, I wouldn't have gotten picked, would have gone too fast.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:03 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Great Show last night !!
Congrats again Mike... Gotta love the drama <Pinks creates>, on board shot of you fighting the shifter. The shot of the Big Dawg with his hands over his head. Im sorry I missed it

Last edited by Mike_g; 10-03-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:00 AM

Thumbs up

Mike, I watched the show yesterday with my girlfriend and it was great seeing you again (remember we met in E-town on Labor Day weekend... ) I even recorded it! Too bad about the shifter malfunction though... , but still, among 100 or more cars, you made it to the final 16 and that itself is just G_R_E_A_T !... You represented the Buick GN's in a great manner!...Again, congratulations!

Take care,

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX
Old 10-04-2008, 03:37 AM

Mike i just seen it on on Demand Good job making on the show..sick car!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_g View Post
Great Show last night !!
Congrats again Mike... Gotta love the drama <Pinks creates>, on board shot of you fighting the shifter. The shot of the Big Dawg with his hands over his head. Im sorry I missed it
Thank's Mike, yeah there was alot of drama going on! It was surreal to watch the in car camera of the shifter. Believe me that killed me as you can see from my facial expression coming back down the return road to see Rich at the end. Even though that happened it was still an awesome time! It really was a milestone for us. We finally got the car straightened out with the boost control that day, and @17-18 psi ran our first 9 sec time,(9.91) and to get picked to be in the top 16!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
Mike, I watched the show yesterday with my girlfriend and it was great seeing you again (remember we met in E-town on Labor Day weekend... ) I even recorded it! Too bad about the shifter malfunction though... , but still, among 100 or more cars, you made it to the final 16 and that itself is just G_R_E_A_T !... You represented the Buick GN's in a great manner!...Again, congratulations!

Take care,

Claude.
Of course I remember you! How can I forget such a gentleman, and your car was awesome! Yeah, it was a bummer with the shifter, thank God Brian and Adam got it straightened out now! There was actually 550 cars there! There were 450 original racers and 100 alternates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonjim View Post
Mike i just seen it on on Demand Good job making on the show..sick car!
Thanks Jim. I appreciate it.

Now, I have some unfinished buisness to take care of with one T/A who's "nitrous" car took down the "turbo" car. If by my shifter malfunctioning you mean taking down the turbo car then yes you did.
Why don't we set something up so we can see what really would have happened if my car was 100%. Jason, are you busy next Saturday? LVD sounds good to me.

New best 9.44 @ 143!

Last edited by trbochrgd1; 10-04-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:10 PM

Now, I have some unfinished buisness to take care of with one T/A who's "nitrous" car took down the "turbo" car. If by my shifter malfunctioning you mean taking down the turbo car then yes you did.
Why don't we set somthing up so we can what really would have happened if my car was 100%. Jason, are you busy next Saturday? LVD sounds good to me.
[/QUOTE]
roger that...comment was way too cocky for my liking...excellent job Mike...I dvr'ed it and played it back a couple times