TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Old 06-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Married Man

Default Racing at New England Dragway

First, Our deepest condolences go out to the Kallitta family for their loss of Scott, we all enjoyed his performances for many years as a Top Fuel driver.

As for our day at the races.... The Razorback Racing event was fabulous. The people, the cars, the weather, the food and the racing was a very nice package. I have to also comment on the track location and the area where we all pitted. We were given an area of the pits on the grass, it truly was a family event, where we were able to set up our pit area for our children and family memeber s to enjoy a picnic like atmosphere. The organizers Jerry and Lorraine arranged for a cookout at noontime that fed us with quality hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, chips, soda and some delicious pulled pork from Valleri that forced me to eat much more than my little tummy could handle... Prior to that we had 2 qualifying runs to set up a 32 car field, I qualified number 1, with a 9.0@153, I made it 3 rounds before being taken out by an old timer at the starting line with a 14 second Buick Roadmaster... he cut an .04 lite to my .20 lite... it was all over, I made it a close race, running a 9.11 on a 9.10 dial but he was right on his dial too, beat me to the line by about 2 feet. It was fun. Brian Lee ran a new best with the wagon, running 11.20 something, falling in the 3rd round to a mechanical failure at the starting line. Kirk also ran a new personal best of 12.2@112mph as he gets his tune-up dialed in. Bob V ran a couple of rounds before the red bulb ended his day, as did Joe D with his beautiful silver T.
Almost forgot about Angel.... he ran very well, finally beginning to get his 60fts to come around, running 10.40 or .50, going a few rounds before seeing the big red bulb.. Hope I didn't forget anyone else. I almost raced Bob Cunningham with his big block, fuel injected Buick.... but the gods were on my side... the ladder had to be redone and Bob raced someone else. He cut a .001 lite!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:13 PM
2 Lemon Ades...

Dayum Sounds like a great time... I was going to stop up Saturday. I read Lorrie's Inspirational message. I was like well Ill catch up with em soon. It didnt click NED Buicks duh. Congrats to all that attended
Mikey...
Old 06-23-2008, 01:39 AM

Sounds like a good time Jack, hope I can be there for next years event.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 AM

Thumbs up Jack ... You hit on the head !

The people , the food ,the cars , the weather . Everything was fantastic , Oh did I mention the food ? Let's do it again soon.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:54 AM
I can't drive 55!

Oh man, we are definelty going to be at the next one. I'm glad to here you all had a good time. It's great to go racing and its even better to share that expeirence with friends and family.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!
Old 06-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Married Man

First off... there is another one I believe scheduled for sept, more details to follow soon.

I also want to say it was nice talking to many of the racers and Buick people there, I don't remember all the names so I can't list you all. One guy in particular, I didn't know your name but we spoke as soon as I got there, we talked about the Harleys, you know who you are, what was your name again.... also Fred... good to see you running so well.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Nitro boy

Jack, It was a real sad day Saturday with the passing of Scott. The accident was horrific, and everyone new the outcome without anything being said. The back half of Scotts car blew off in a violent explosion as he crossed the finish. His shoots never bloomed and it appeared he didn't have any brakes, or was unable to apply them. His car went through the sand trap at around 300 mph, he crashed into the trees and his car went into another violent explosion.

The 1st round of Nitro FC pair Scotts team against Robert Hieght. The entire Kalitta camp stood in formation holding hands @ the staging lights, and in honor of Scott---the Force camp forfitted their lane choice by idling down the 1320. It was real emotional. Hieght ran a 20.2+ ET that pass.

All in all, it was a very different weekend than years pass, but myself, Gabe, and Bekah had a good time as always.