TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > Technical Forums > Buick Turbo Tech

Buick Turbo Tech General technical support for the 86-87 Buick turbo cars

Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM

Default help on next upgrade or tuning for more power

Hellow I just joined this fourm, I'm wondering were to go next for making more power either in upgrades or tuning, here is a list of some thing I've put on my 86 gn,car runs good best time 12.00 @113, dyno@ 350 hp and 365 tk,60 series turbo,40 lb injectors,kenne bell 70 mm throttle body and upper intake, kenne bell high flow intank pump and kenne bell inline series 230l/b fuel pump, atr 3 in downpipe, kenne bell headers, ram air kiit, 100 lb valve springs,translater plus with extender chip,front mount intercooler from atr,SMC progressive alky system ,scan master and a/f meter guage. I'm running 24# boost,50 # fuel press at idle with hose off.scanmaster reads usually 770 to 820 and a/f reads 11.3 with alky on. if alky off sometimes 3-4 retard on scanmaster.just seeing were to go to make more power without to much money, any help would be appriciated, thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 08:54 PM

If that is on pump gas with the alky, seems a little slow. I might opt for larger injectors. Are you running Methanol or Alcohol? I run meth on my setup. Perhaps Jack can help. Where are you located?

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120
Old 01-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

I'm not familiar with that chip, but your fuel pressure seems a little high.
As for upgrades, I would say injectors and a turbo.
Although, you didn't say anything about tires/suspension.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:26 AM

Im located just outside charlotte nc, in huntersville nc. running straight methonal in system,rear tires are bfg drag radials with 2 air bags and larger sway bar with stronger control arms to axle.running on pump gas 93 octane
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 PM

I would go a ported stock TB vs the larger 70mm. a more injector & a little more turbo. just remember bigger is not always better. I went high 10.90's several years ago with a stock unopen motor, valve springs, TA 61 turbo, 55# inj. Pete Tomka cold air kit on VP c16 race gas @ 28psi & that was 99* heat @ Darlington.

why does it show I only have 1 post? is it because I have not posted in a long time?

Last edited by 120k on 6 axles; 01-16-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:43 AM

thanks, I think i'm going to get larger injectors, and get a new chip ,do you know what is the largest injectors you can use with stock ecu ? and were to get new chip burned? the turbo i bought on ebay 2 years ago , how do i measure it to find out for sure what size it is ? I'll probably keep the 70 mm. tb on it looks good on top of motor. the time and speed i put up eailier, i just remembered it was with a ta49 turbo and no posi. I put posi in and 60 turbo ?and haven't gone back to the track yet just on dyno. any more help is great thank again
Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Turbo Tweak has the best chips currently. You could get it through Jack Cotton and he could advise you on where to spend your money. It all depends on what your desired outcome is in terms of speed/ET and how much money you want to spend...

87 TType, XFI, 66-BB, Alky, MT DRs
11.0 @ 120
Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM

thanks I'll send message to jack see what he says, have a great day