TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Default Twisted Metal

Well, for those of you that saw me at Englishtown, you probably know that I didn't do much racing the second day. Here are a few pictures of why?
I'm kind of proud of myself. Noone does it like me!

This is what I saw when I pulled the motor. It looks just like someone laid the parts in there:

And I thought the 2004R didn't have a removable bellhousing:

Piston #5:

#6:

Part of the crank, and the mangled flywheel. Look how the bolts tried to tear their way through the holes in the flywheel:

I also, cracked the tranny case in several spots other than the bellhousing, and the tranny pump is cracked right in the middle. The crossover pipe didn't escape injury either. It has two pretty good sized holes in it, and is a bit flattened in spots. The tranny lines need replacing. When the tranny broke off, the lines got kinked and some flying debris put a hole or two in one. I had a busted motor mount and tranny mount. (Probably not related) I think the starter may have survived, but not sure. When I undid the first bolt, sections of the block and bellhousing fell out. If the block couldn't hold together, I'm not too sure the starter could take the abuse.
On a more positive note, the turbo still spins freely, and I got released early from jury duty.........Hey, that's all I got. Sorry.

Aaah stay tuned.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.

Last edited by waGoN; 09-16-2008 at 06:29 PM.