TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS  

Go Back   TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS > COTTONSPERFORMANCE.COM > The Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Lounge A place we can all just hang and shoot it..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2008, 01:50 PM
I can't drive 55!

Default DA PINKS CAR, "Part Deux"

(I did the "part deux" for our Canadian friends)

Ok, so we went to the Island on Saturday. It was the same condtions as the Valley, hot, humid, and rain between the third to last run. I had fixed the transbrake from the last outing. I left everything the same from the last outing. 1st pass ran a 10.22 @132.35, 60 ft 1.48 1/8th 106.72. Next pass ran 10.10 @132.78 60ft 1.47 1/8th 107.61. Both passes were pretty close to the last outing. Next pass I turned the boost up 2 pounds, ran 10.13 @132.66 60ft 1.46 1/8th 107.7. I thought it was kinds strange that the et and the mph didn't change. It started raining so I put it back into the trailer and was going to call it a day. 15 minutes later it was sunny. So I pulled it out and turned the boost up to 24 pounds and made another pass. 10.14 @132.44 60 ft. 1.49 1/8th 107.33. At that point I pulled it back in the trailer and headed to Frienldy's with my wife and kids. I spoke to Jack about it that evening.(He called me back even though he was spending time with his wife at the races in New Hampshire! Thanks Jack!) He thought it was odd too that the boost didn't make a difference. Something must be up with the controller. I was reading throught the manual but it was a little hard to try to figure it out when you have your two kids trying to "help you" read it. So I think for now I will leave it alone and go to the show the way it is. It is consistent. We'll "fix" it afterwards. ON a side note, I think it's incredible that the car runs that good when the conditions are that bad.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!