View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 04:31 PM

i've always believed that you only lose money on something if you sell it. if you never sell it, you can never lose money. i bought my 86 t-type 10 years ago, I'm never going to sell it, so i can never lose money on it. what did i pay for it? who cares. what is it worth now? - i don't care. i've done a few things to it, and will never stop doing things to it - it's my enjoyment. I had 2 kids before i got it and i've had 2 more since. Sometimes it gets parked for a while, but it'll always be mine. I've never thought highly of people who treat cars as a commodity, parking them in the garage until they are worth more - is that what the car was made for? was that it's intended purpose? i really don't think so.

i am really glad you found such a low mileage car - that is really rare. my only words of advice are this - Drive it, have fun with it. if going faster makes you happy - do it, if it pisses off some people, that's their problem. life isn't that long, have some fun - don't live by someone else's rules. remember, you can't take it with you when you go.