Thread: Drop in RPM
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 02:27 AM

Can you give us more details, such as what convertor did you use when the 60fts were 1.30, why did you change convertors, what did you use before and after for convertors. What kind of RPM range are you running in before and after convertor changes? Are you using a FAST and do you have any logs? Thats it for now, but more info is definitely needed... oh ya, who am I speaking to

The converter I was using was a Hughes at the end of the 06 racing season. I made a change as this converter had a lot of slip at the big end and also due to rpm drop which started at the start of the 07 season. I tried an Art Carr converter and still had the rpm drop on the shifts, still thinking it might be in the converter I purshased a Ptc converter,problem still there but this converter Rocks. Very little slippage on the top end. I do run a fast bank to bank. The only change made to the car between 06 and 07 was going from a Pte intercooler to Rjc megacooler. I shift the car around 6800 tried different shift points and rpm drop still there.Running 96 lbs injectors and a 4276 turbo up from a 74 gtq. Problem there with both turbos Had injectors checked and cleaned. They flowed about 104 ilbs.By the way my name is Ron and I live in West Texas. Thanks for your reply.