View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 12:09 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCotton1 View Post
I'm still toying with the idea, I have 3 MSD dis-4 boxes, when they work, it's awsome. I mainly use them for the 2 step at launch. The distributor allows us to use a 7al box, which is said to work very well also. I think that is the main benefits we see. Maybe someone else can pipe in with their experience...

I have the MSD DIS-4 box too. I haven't had any problems with the box yet. I have had it since about 1999 and I bought it used then! I have read posts about eliminating the waste spark and you pick up horsepower, some people believe it and others say no. IMO I can't see how it wouldn't help eliminating the waste spark. That way there will be more power going to the plug and not getting distributed to a cylinder that is not firing. RJC had a great idea with the piggy back coil packs but I guess there having problems in development. I think by the time you were done if you went the RJC route it would be more costly to get the coil packs, modules, and then you would need two MSD DIS-4 boxes with the adapter harnesses. I still like the idea. I wonder what would be more benefitial the distributor or the RJC system.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!