Thread: car has no pep
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Let's see, a number of years ago, I had I think a T49, and I had my air cleaner under the hood. I had a modified stock converter. And, when ever I tried to build boost, it wouldn't. If I took it for a spin, and got cool air under the hood, and stopped, I could build boost immediately. If I waited a few seconds, and watched on my scan tool as the under hood temps went up over 100, I could then build no boost. I would definately move your air cleaner out of the engine compartment. Even if it isn't your problem, it isn't helping, and I think it is part of your problem. The other part, sounds like your converter.
Turning your fuel pressure up, might be making it worse. If you are too rich, it is going to bog big time. Don't just turn it down though (could be hazardous to your engine): What is your fuel pressure with the vacuum line off? What does your chip call for for static fuel pressure? Set your FP where the chip calls for and see if that makes a difference. You could always drop it maybe a pound or two and see if that helps, but I wouldn't go too much, and I wouldn't leave it there. You will run lean up top. Lean is mean, but also dangerous to your wallet.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.