View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagn View Post
I now have HR Parts N Stuff upper and lowers with rear sway bar Qa1 double adjustables.
I have a rear suspension similar to yours with H&R fixed lenght lower and adjustable upper control arms, sway bar and QA1 shocks and cannot get a decent 60' time (1.50's). I get lots of tire spin and I have serious doubts about that supposedly great sway bar helping my car launch. Sure, it'll make it launch straight, but no more wheels up launches (read: FUN) like before... At the track, I usually begin testing with a middle setting (6 on a scale of 12) on my QA1's. If I fiund that traction's good, then I click up the setting to 7, 8, etc..., but if traction's poor, I click it back down to 5 or 4, etc, but lately, none of these changes made a difference. Could it have something to do with the pinion angle?...I dunno...All I know is that I need to replace the bushings in the control arms which seem to have become too soft over time, making the tires rub against the wheel openings when turning but don't know yet what kind of replacement we'll end up using...but I still don't know if that'll help my car launch wheels up like it did before...
The picture on the left is BEFORE installation of the H&R bar, and the picture on the right is AFTER the installation...(Both pictures were taken at the same track, in the same lane)

Claude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GN E-town.jpg (92.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2FAST4U.jpg (78.1 KB, 8 views)
2012 Lincoln MKX

Last edited by toofastforyou; 09-11-2010 at 03:30 PM.