View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87turbot-type View Post
Well it has been along year now but I finally have the car running and back together. My new external cottons gate is at the boarder now and when it gets here I am going to throw it on and take it to see what it runs.

Couple of questions now. I rebuilt the bottom end back to stock, new rings bearings, polished the crank. I have champ irons, arp studs, gn1 intake, 70mm tb, Ta headers, 60lbs, TT chip, gen2 with 4" maf pipe. I am running a cpt 66 bb, cottons front mount.

I will be running on pump gas and I don't have alky yet. Going to run on my 255/60/15 TA's.

My tranny is a built 200r4 with a NLU 3200 art carr with a brake.

So now that, thats taken care of, here are the questions.

How much boost do you think I should be safe to try out?

How should I launch the car, foot brake or try the trans brake.

I am still getting use to driving the car now and am having a bit of a boost problem but I am pretty sure the rg45 external gate and DP will solve those problems.

Thanks Brandon!

Brandon, without alky or race fuel, your boost will be limited, maybe 14 to 17lbs. I would start out around 14lbs and launch off the brake pedal run about 1\2 track or less and lift, make sure you don't have any knock and your tune-up is not lean. I do this because if there are any tuning issue, under 1/2 track is usually not enough time to hurt the motor. Make any adjustments you need at that point and do it again until everything looks good. Next I would run it out the back door, if everything still looks good, begin bringing the boost up 1lb at a time until you reach the limits.