View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob View Post
I am looking to upgrade my turbo and converter (converter first).

Here is my current set up on my 87T: Razor's Alky, Red's XP fuel pump hotwired, Accufab AFPR, TT Alky chip, Scanmaster 2.1, 9" K&N filter, Al driveshaft, 160 t-stat, electric exhaust cut-out, TH 2.5" exhaust/Magnaflows, RJC powerplate, torque strap, Duttneck intercooler, LT1 MAF, Translator Plus, 3" THDP, Eaton posi, TA rear end girdle, Hallman Boost Controller, Steve Monroe 62 mm throttle body.

I also have some 60 pound injectors I am getting ready to install (with an upgraded TT chip).

I have a freeze plug on the back of the block that is leaking, so I figure I might as well throw in a new converter as long as I have the tranny out.

I am getting ready to order the converter next week (I am thinking either a 2800 or 3200 stall). I plan on upgrading to a new turbo next summer, so I want to make sure I get the right converter for my future turbo (stock turbo now). I had a 9 inch Art Carr 3000 stall converter I got from you back in 01 that I loved (with a stock turbo).

I am not a racer. I just like to nail it coming away from a light, etc. I am willing to give up some on the top end for a stronger bottom end. My ideal turbo is one that would spool instantly, and produce the most power in the 19-21 pound boost range. I keep looking at the TE-44, 6157, and the new 6262. And the GT-3255 still keeps sticking in my mind too. I Am not real familiar with the Turbonetics that you carry though.

Based on my current setup, what turbo and stall (converter) would you suggest. Do you need more information to make a recommendation?

Thanks,

Rob
Rob,
By what you have said here, I might say the Pro-torqe 9.5 L\U would be fine, about 3000-3200 stall and will work good with up to a 62 turbo. If you wanted another AC converter, we got them tooo....