Thread: Front tires
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 12:57 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
Mike, I've been using some P215-75-15 radials in front for a long time with some rear slicks about the same size you have (Phoenix 10.5 x 28.5).
Hope this helps...

Claude.
Thanks for the reply Claude. 215-75-15's are @ 27.7" high, so about a inch difference from front to rear... I am just thinking the shorter the front tire the more distance the front end has to travel on a launch. The way it is now I have 25.4" tall tires in the front. So that is an additional 2.1" my front end has to come up as opposed to the 27.5" high ones....kinda makes sense right?

Now I am going to highjack my own thread.. Your 215-75-15's are about 27lbs each. Going to a set of skinnies in the front would lighten your front end up some. You would drop about 28lbs off the front end buy switching to the M/T ET front's (@ 13 lbs). Then the narrower rims you would need to fit those tires would lighten it up even more! I know, all it takes is money And I'm not sure you want that route because you still do a fair amount of street/highway driving, right?
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!