Thread: Winter
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't drive 55!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waGoN View Post
So, for those of us that have to put the cars away when the snow falls (and alot of it has fallen already) what does everyone have planned for their cars in the down time?

I myself am working on putting three of them together so that they all start, run and drive. My legs are killing me from all of the pushing of G-bodies this past weekend.
I'll be putting a tranny in my waGoN,
just yanked a motor out of my 86, and will be trying to get that running by Spring, and I have an 85 that I am probably going to be tossing a motor into also.

As for upgrades, the waGoN is probably going to get billet internals for the tranny, and a rear sway bar. I can only expect so much from the whitewalls and the stock suspension.
Well, where should I begin.... It really hasn't been a winter project but... I pulled the engine out in March. I had RPE bore it .040 over, stroker crank, forged rods and pistons and RJC girdle with billet main caps. Bobby had a custom comp roller cam shaft made up. I had the heads machined(champion aluminum ported) to accept the new shaft mounted 1.65 T&D rockers, got the new Champion aluminum intake with the billet fuel rails, Accu-fab 70mm throttle body, 96 lb injectors, XFI, had Casper's make up a custom harness new battery cables ,injector harness (Caspers), new Turbonetics GTK-850 turbo, Brian is going to make up a custom 4 inch to 3.5 down pipe with the new Turbonetics race gate, RJC pullies, Champion a/c delete bracket, Cotton's front mount, installing a 8 gallon fuel cell with a 12 -AN feeding an Aeromotive Eliminator pump, 10 -AN going to the rail and 8 -AN return. I am sure I am forgeting something but if I do I will post it!

Oh yeah, while that was all going on I had the car at the body shop and had them sand it to bare metal, cut the crash bars out of the doors, and had it painted. I have pictures of everything.

It's been a long road but it's really start to come together now!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!