View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Married Man

Boy O boy....... it was fatantastic!!! I had the best time this year, the weather was more than decent for the time of year, the food was exceptional. Like it's been already stated.... Dem Ribs were DA best!!! I ate them yesterday for lunch and dinner..... hehehe, we hid a bunch of dem.. But!!! I have to add, there were so many great dishes there... RG brought the bad azzz chili friday nite, I had 4 bowls!! I think it was Ken that brought a pasta salad that was crazy good, AJ brought some fresh scallops he cooked on the grill that were to die for, my cousin Linda brought some fried chicken and some more pasta salads that were exceptional, Bob's meatballs went quick, Harolds sauage and peppers were yummy. I can't forget the Philly sub that was absolutely incredible... can ya tell I like to eat...... We can't forget Brian Lee's chicken delite.. also a dish that is worthy of mention, Steve annual chile pot showed up after taking a year off.. another favorite of ours. I know I am missing some hot dishes, if I missed anyone .... someone speak up please.. And now to the desserts... hmmmm ... Chet showed early with some pastries from a local bakery in Belchertown, I think... had some apple turnovers I couldn't believe.. Dom showed with another one of our favorites.. coffee cakes like you have never had before.. we hid a couple of them too.. Mrs Murphy donuts appeared also, anyone in the area knows they are just the best donuts in Western Mass.. Now I know there were a bunch more desserts, but can't think off hand, my brain is beginning to boil.. plus, I'm making myself hungry.... have to go eat before I go to work.. Lastly I want to thank my wife Lorrie for all she did to support our hobby!!! She once again ran around putting stuff together for us, while in the middle of a family illness and trips to the ER... Also thanks for all that showed up again!!!! You guys are what makes this fun, all the way from MD,Pa, NJ, NY, CT, NH, Me, Vt.... It's just great to have you all, I only wish there was more of me to go around.... I wanted to talk with each and everyone of you, but .. time just prevents me from doing it all... not exactly sure of the head count, but I think we had somewhere around 60-70 people show up!!!! Until next time...... thanks again to all that supported us!!! I look forward to seeing this happen again!!!