View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Most people mount it on the inner fender well. Remove the line going to the front brakes, tweak it a little, and attach to the OUT on the line lock, and attach the line that comes with it between the line lock and the master cylinder.
I had one on my GN years ago(different brand, Hurst I think). The instructions said that to prevent the brake light from going on, you should mount it after the proportioning valve. Well, that is a headache and a half. The PV has two lines coming out of it for the front brakes, so I had to cap one, run the other to the line lock, then both front brake lines to the line lock, it was tough to find a good spot. I mounted it to the side of the PV, and it looked good, then whenever I shifted the car, the linkage rubbed it. All that work, and the brake light still went on every time that I used it. So, just mount it right after the master cylinder, and save yourself the trouble. Unless of course, you want to hide it, then, have fun.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.