Thread: Island Dragway
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I can't drive 55!

Ok, so it was a crazy day to say the least. Actually, everything was going pretty smooth in the morning. Then, about ten minutes away from the track, Samantha, our youngest throws up all over herself,the car seat, my jacket, my wifes jacket and I'm not talkin' spit up, it was more like the Exorcist! So we had to pull over and clean her up and the car seat, put the rest of the carnage in a garbage bag and put it in the back of the bed. Oh man, it smelled pretty bad in the truck after that.

So, we get to the track and tech took forever. I left every thing alone from last time and went up 9.75 @138.98, got back and reviewed the run, same as last time with the boost this time it barely topped off at 24 psi in first gear and then leveled off between 21-22 psi the rest of that run. Had a little hiccup 1-2 gear again, driver error.

The next run left it alone again. This time cranked off a 9.56 @138.67, 60' 1.361! Best et and 60' to date!!! Reviewed that run with the laptop and boost just peaked at 23 psi in 1st and then leveled off at 21-22 psi again.

I checked the boost controller because I couldn't understand why it wasn't reaching the 26 psi I had on the boost controller. 1st gear was set at 26, then when I hit the 2nd button, it was set at 21 psi! The 3rd at 22 psi!
I looked up at my wife and brother and said you gotta be kidding me! I bumped the 2nd button to 26 psi and the 3rd to 26 psi. Now I was ready!

The last run I was anxious. Some one had just broke while we were in the lanes and we were sitting a while. I got up to the water box and I was waiting for the guy to motion to me to shake the tires. Well, he was talking to someone else. I had my head turned looking for him, when I turned back some one else had told me to shake them loose and do the burnout. I got up to the tree, and launched. I felt that the tires didn't grab nearly as good as it did the last run, it still felt good, but you know the whole run is in the 1st 60'.
I hit the return road and thought to my self oh well, at least I can review the run. I looked down at my toggle switch and AHHHHHHHH! I forgot to turn the damn logger on! Oh well. At least I got the first to runs in and figured out the boost "problem".

All in all it was a great day. The car ran awesome. Got alot of attetion with it and questions. I also met a guy with a Stage 2 motor in a RX-7 from PA. He bought the stroker kit from Jack and he ended running a 9.65 @138 with it.
Really sounded awesome to hear that Mazda with a Buick turbo 6 in it screaming down the track.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!

Last edited by trbochrgd1; 11-03-2008 at 02:40 AM.