View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Yes, they have an electric fan. Some people buy dual fans to put in them. So, you can either go that route, or you can look for someone that has done this and is selling their single.
As for the coil pack. Yes, you can get the coil packs from a 3800 wrong wheel drive car. Some people like to do it this way, because they believe that they are better than the stock ones. Also, they are separate coils, so if one goes, it is cheaper to replace. BUT, I think that some people have had issues with them. Not everyone, but I have heard that some people have had issues, and blamed that setup. Also, you will need a mounting plate adapter, and maybe a wiring adapter.
I haven't done an 85 to 87 conversion.....yet, so I don't know what else is involved. There are a few people around that will sell you a whole "kit" to convert. If you already have the engine, then you don't need the whole kit, but they can point you in the right direction and possibly supply the parts too. Jack of course has done a couple of these conversions, so he'd definitely be able to help you out. I do know that the 87 has the fuel filter out back near the tank, and the 85 has it in the engine compartment. I am not sure what people do about that. When I do mine, I am just going to replace all of the fuel lines with stainless 87 replacements, so that won't be an issue.
Gotta go. The wife is getting attacked by the puppy. Actually, the broom she is sweeping with is.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.