View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
If I thought he would actually bring about "beneficial" change, all of Obama's rhetoric (god he is a smooth talker) might be desirable. Unfortunately, I don't think the change he has in store for us will do it. There is too much denial of anything he has been quoted as saying in the past, and even the present to make him comfortable with him. You have to ask yourself, "self? do you really think everything he says he can do wouldn't already have been done if it was truely that easy or inexpensive (a.k.a - no new taxes)? I seem to remember when slick Willie got elected the Dems had this great plan to bring health care to the masses. Unfortunately cost, reasonableness and other factors got in the way. Seems the Dems have shifted from JFK's "ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country" . Seems like the new mantra is "ask not what you can do for your country; ask what your country can do for you". These two votes go to McCain/Palin. Alas, I live in MA and the state's outcome is already preordained to be Obama/Biden. I fear that if the Dems really get a 60 vote majority (can and will block off any fillibusters) in the Senate, we are in for an ugly and very expensive 4 years.

I believe that the general public doesn't really understand taxes and where the government gets its money from. Businesses really don't pay taxes, people taxes. To use Jack as an example, he has no tax liablilty until someone buys something. If sells enough stuff, the government says he has to pay a tax. Jack has a choice. He can either eat the cost of the tax or pass it on as part of the cost of his products, neither of which is a good option, but those are his choices. Now if the government decides he has to pay MORE taxes, he can either eat it and take it out of his meager profit (but have less money to either pay his current employees and/or prevent him from hiring another employee) or again pass the cost on to the consumer through raised prices, potentially costing him sales, but making less profit and maybe pay less taxes which won't give the government the extra revenue they thought they would get to EXPAND government services. Who wins in this scenario? Certainly not his employees or customers.
Yaaaa!!!! What he said!!!

I'm voting with my wife, Bob and Brian and whoever else votes McCain. I was impressed the first time I heard "Sama" talking on the morning news channel. Thought he answered all the questions beautifully.. When the Reverend Wright caper surfaced, I really saw or heard no good reasons from "Sama'S" relationship with him. I think we can all agree that Wright is WACKED!! The way I see it, Wright went after "Sama" because "Sama" was trying to dish his relationship with him, he didn't want the public to know of his association with him. I have watched the media just burry all of Sama's short comings and try to make mountains out of Palins personal and public image. Never once giving her a fair shake. In my book the media has nothing on her, their attempt to discredit her only pushes me toward her and McCain. I really have seen no substance from "Sama", he refuses to take credit for his past mediocrity. Nor does he accept responsibility for his associations. He is a great speaker and equally exceptional at deflecting the truth..