Thread: Fuel tanks
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Thanks.

I knew that the filler neck was different, but you can buy the tank without the neck, and the gasser is different than the diesel. I figured that meant baffles, but I don't know. I don't see what other difference there could be. I'll have to check with my local supplier and see if they have the book on them. The book listed if the tank had baffles, or in most cases, the dog dish. They gave me one of their books years ago, and I loaned it to someone, never to see it again.

The project???? Well, I pulled the wreckage. Now I am still trying to decide what to do with the car. I (and Jack) have been rounding up the parts for a killer setup, but I'm not sure what to put in it for the time being. I have a motor, but I'm not sure if I want to just stick it in the car, or do a little something to it first. Gotta call Jack and discuss it a little. With the season almost over, I don't know if I want to go through too much hassle. Also, I am somewhat limited on time if I want to have it race ready by the 3rd.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.