View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Married Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Thanks for the reply Paul. I have heard alot of good things about those converters. They seemed to be dialed in for our cars. I have a ton of money into my converter tho. I'd hate to start over again with another brand. It does seem like I am pretty close to being on the money with the Chance converter. Maybe I'll give Marty a call over there on Monday and run the #'s past him and see what he says. If what he tells me, money wise, is more than the PTC converter than I would consider switching.
Mike, looks ok for the numbers you ran, the RPM drop was consistent. Considering your shift point was 6200-6300, a 4-500rpm drop for your motor may not be bad. If you consider your motor could be shifted at 6500-6700rpm, your drop would be 7-800rpm, but then when you condider you are only running 22lbs, at 30lbs you may drive through the converter like I did when I turned the boost up 2 weeks ago. I'll be trying one of the PTC converters in my car next time out, maybe next weekend, weather permitting.. but I doubt it. More likely next spring. I'm carrying the PTC converters now, so we'll be working on data with our customers. It looks like the PTC converters are very good converters, but like any converter, sometimes a stall change may be needed. Getting them right the 1st time may not always workout..