View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 03:42 AM

Default 200-4R to a 400Turbo...

I bought a 400 turbo trans yesterday, I'm up in the air if I want to use it or not... It needs a build, but I'm planning on doing a reverse manual vb with a trans brake... I just don't know how much I'll miss my full auto, OD, and lock up converter...
Who has done the swap?
How bad is the car driving down the highway with a 3200-3600ish stall, stock 3.42 gears, and 28" tall tires???
I like the idea of a manual valve body(I'm sure that will get old fast) with a trans brake, but I don't want to lose the streetability/fun factor of my car. It has ET Streets on it all day every day, I drive it alot, but usually only local, never in bad weather, and it's ran hard everytime I take it out... Usually I'm in a 10 mile radius, but I do like drive it to the track and race it which is only 25 miles from my house... I guess I could just do it and hold onto my 200-4R for a while so I could go back if I wanted to... The car "should" be in the 10's on pump gas, so a "cheap and strong" trans is a great idea...lol... Right now I have a fresh, "built" 200-4R with a 3200 vigilante lock up converter, I've got $2000 in the trans and converter and I don't even have any billet parts yet...lol... Let me know what you think... Thanks, Gavin