View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 01:27 AM
I can't drive 55!

Default This is going to be a long one!

Ok, I think we have it figured out. The rear was actually a 1/2 forward on the d/s tire! That's why it was launching and veering to the right and why the tire was rubbing at the top end of the track. We measured everything. I thought maybe the axle tube was bent, or maybe even the frame. I looked at the upper control arms and they were both equally adjusted. I didn't think that was the problem, but I started to adjust the d/s side arm and the d/s tire was backing away from the quater! So I continued to adjust it all the way out. I had plenty of clearance at this point. We looked at the gaps on both sides of the quaters and measured again! We had it! Then we walked around the back of the car and noticed the p/s tire was sticking out of the wheel well and the d/s side was sucked in beneath the lip of the quater! AHHHH! So, back underneath and I started backing off the d/s arm and countered with the p/s arm loosening that up turn for turn. I got them both equal and it was perfect. We got out and looked at the clearance, measured again, it was all good! Even the tires were right where they were supposed to be in the wheel wells.... Then I check the pinion angle... There was none! No matter how much I tried to adjust the arms I couldn't get the angle back without bringing in the d/s tire to the quater. At this point I had it and thought about it the whole night. The next moring we measured where the stock lower control arms would bolt in and then measured where the south sided machine bars were. We decided to move the S/S bars to where the stock postion would be and it then pointed the rear downward. At this point we check measurments and it was equal distance from the wheel opening on either side! I looked underneath and measured the pinion angle and it was at -3 degrees without me even touching the uppers!

Well, tomorrow I will tighten everything down and re-adjust the HR bar. I can't believe the car was leaving that hard, 60' 1.39 and the d/s tire camber was off that much! Hopefully we can make it to the track soon to test it out!

I told you it was a long one!

I'll post pics tomorrow.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!