View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:29 AM

Default Well, why not...

Hi All-i was just thinking that although my T-Type isn't a show car, or run 10's. it's still my favorite car and i thought i'd put up a picture and tell you about it. its an 86 in Rosewood with a burgandy buckets-console interior. it was bought new from Gimli Motors (the same town that has the dragstrip in Manitoba) and i am the 3rd owner. i got it about 10 years ago and have stored it on and off 2 or 3 years at a time. i have been a buick guy since these cars were new and i was in high school. in fact my dad and i made a 76 Skyhawk with an 81 carbed turbo 3.8. I was a great car with a bunch of Kenne-Bell parts and it ran 13.6 at 101 with dead valve springs- the motor flattened out at 4800 after a couple summers of 'tuning'! i have a pic of me with it, but i had a terrible mullett and don't want to subject you good folks to that!!

As for the T-Type, i did the trans with a bent D5 shortly after i got it (LU still doesn't work), then took it to the track and it was doing peg-legged burnouts and running 13.7 as a best with and a K&N cone and 3" dual exhaust, stock DP. the weird thing was that it was going through the traps in 3rd at 4400. i had heard that the 3.42's were the right gear for the car but this felt wrong, so i took it into get the posi rebuilt and 4.10 gears installed. well, it didn't have a posi to rebuild and the 3.42's were gone and it had 3.08's in its place! i got hosed, that's not how i bought the car - the diff shop even showed me the piece of ring gear that was still in the diff when they drained the oil. a couple years later i got a chip and 3" DP - my Dad being the old school hot rodder that he is, had the turbo cover and downpipe chrome plated. I got the GNX rear seat brace kit, adj FPR and OE front support bars for it as well. Dad also didn't like the crack in the windshield and got a new one. the comp chip i got (Red Green or something) didn't do anything so i tried another one-it was the same so it has the stocker in there now.

i haven't had it to the track since i first got it because i really don't like the 4.10 gears. this summer is the first time in about 3 years i had the car out again and the first time i talked to anybody about upgrades. another board member has 'hooked me up' with some great parts and made it fit my very tight budget. i plan on making another mod or 2 to the car-probably the razor alky kit based on the data i have gotten from this great board.

once again i have to say Thanks for Jack being in the buick community as long as he has-the only other name i can think of who's been around that long is Ken Duttweiler (and maybe Jim Ruggles -but thats another story!)

thanks again Jack. i really appreciate your help and the work you've done.

matt c

PS : the date code on pics is wrong, i took these in October 08 - i have no idea how to set that darn camera up!
PPS: the cars a little dirty because it was raining and i was driving it!

Last edited by I8AV8; 12-13-2008 at 02:31 AM.