View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I can't drive 55!

I had about a half dozen 200's rebuilt and I have broken them in various ways. My car is no longer a "street car" so to speak, but I hope this helps a little. I have a 400 with a reverse manual valve body and a Neil Chance bolt together converter. I know that I have never had a problem with it except when I sheared my ring gear in half and broke the drive shaft and input shaft in the trans. I think if you want longevity the 400 is the way to go. Of course another big factor is who builds your transmission. From the way it sounds you drive your car I think you would have fun driving the car with a manual valve body.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!