Thread: Wtb - Hd Pu
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Oh yeah, if you aren't plowing with it also, or pulling through mud, then I wouldn't get 4wd. It is just extra weight that you don't need. (Hurts mpg) But, if you get a dually, remember that the 2wd ones aren't that good in the snow even with studded snows....or so I hear. Mine had studded snows when I bought it. I pulled them, stuffed them in the shed, and parked the dually when the salt hit the roads. I'll take it out after the snow is gone and a couple of rains hit wash the salt from the roads. (My truck is from Florida, except for the last history entry..Maine. I'm going to keep the bottom rot free if I can.)
Another thing, find out what the rear gears are. The 6.5 3500 duallys all have 4.11, but the 2500s have 3.73. Makes a difference on the highway.
The Dmaxes have 3.73s I think, even the duallys. Don't know on the other brands.
I took a peek at eBay, and they didn't seem to list too many diesels, but there are a lot of them listed on RacingJunk.

Oh, and as for the BB gasser motors, I think they can pull the weight, but I think you will be paying for it at the pump. Diesel costs about a buck more a gallon, so it will probably even out, but the diesels will probably last longer.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.