View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I can't drive 55!

Well the cats out of the bag, I was not prepared to run in the 9's. I was having boost issue's. I could not get over 17 pounds of boost no matter how much I was turning the boost up on the electronic boost controller. We finally fixed the problem that friday at the track. That 9.91 was only the 6th clean pass that I had on the car since we had gotten it back from Cotton's. It was just amazing! I can't thank Jack, Brian and Adam enough for all the hard work they put into this build for me. Jack was there with me by my side throughout the entire 2 days. Without his help we could never have done it! The car has a ton of potential left, Jack hasn't even really even touched the XFI much. Actually the last pass we took a pound of boost away and he took 2 degrees of timing out and the car launched harder then it ever did before and even if that "shifter malfunction" didn't happen I think I would have been disqualified for running to fast. It's crazy, it's not like we were even trying to sandbag or anything. We had just gotten the car together, we really had no idea that it was going to run that well!
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!