Thread: help!!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:14 PM

Default I'll try to explain....

First....the car has the "Ultrachip" 103041 is the number on the installation instructions. No there are no turbo buick shops up here in Bangor, ME. I drove the car yesterday and it's about 80%. It pulls well but at open throttle it seems to be cut out as though it needs more fuel. This all started after I put a new O2 sensor on it. Then came the fuel pump, then the hotwire kit, then the mass air flow, then the coil, lastly the TPS. All seem to make the car run a little better each time. To the point now where it is running well except at wide open throttle. They guys say it's running lean when fuel demand is increased...ie wide open throttle. They are coming across some baffoonary that the first garage had done..(running the hot wire kit to close too the exhaust and melting) They reconnected the original relay and it's actually getting more fuel pressure that with the hotwire kit. I'm thinking that maybe the fuel pump is still the problem...I don't know what kind of pump they put it!! But it seems that it's not enough pressure at full throttle causing a lean condition and the subsequent cutting out at wide open throttle. Just have a feeling that the 1st place had NO DAMN IDEA what they are doing. The guys that have it now have all the books and all the tools to measure this and that...fuel pressure and volts and what have you... Thanks for the response guys any ideas would be appreciated!! Also...like I said before...other than the chip and the air intake....the car is stock.. thanks

Last edited by ace-135; 06-17-2010 at 01:18 PM.