View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to JL ws-6 Send a message via Yahoo to JL ws-6

Jason Lambert, from New Britain CT. Long story short as to what happened in the semi final run.. bottle wasn't on The camera guys were putting a 2nd camera in and we were trying to change the bottle, got it in, pressure wa a little low, so the heater got turned on, no big deal. I got back in the car, the seatbelts were jammed under the camera equipment, and rich was rushing me to get going, by the time I got the seatbelt on he was at the window yelling let's go..... never turned the bottle on. My own fault, I even moved it into the passenger's seat so I could reach over and do it, which didn't seem to help any.

Car's been 9.6 @ 170 lbs heavier then it is now, so needless to say the 9.9 it ran on saturday, and teh 9.86 it ran on my one test run on friday aren't a real representation of what it's fully capable of. Just have to put the other jets back in the car and it should be back where it was if not faster with the plate kit that's on it now, but there's a directport fogger that will probably be on it pretty soon, which should bump it to a 9.4, faster if I want to hit it hard.

Your GN was a piece of art, I've always loved those cars, best part is you listen to one running, and ya can't tell if it's a 12 second car or an 8 second car, that to me is the best part. Noone ever thinks my transam is gonna run like it does, but the gn's still got me coverred in the sleeper department.

If you're aiming to get to a consistant 10.0, is there a class for that speed? I'm at the point that I could leave it turned back to run that type of class and never hurt anything, but I haven't heard of anything at that speed range. Epping has a 9.5 index which is what I want to run with the car, ya need a 9.4 car to really be competitive for the class so that's where I'm headed.

I'm up for a rematch if you are, but I know neither one of us is gonna leave the car's the way they were for the TV show. Sounds like you're got a solid 1/2 second left in that car, and I've got a bit left as well.