View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 10:31 PM

i have now set the TPS to .42 w/key on engine off.that gives it .44 at idle running.my WOT measure is 460. can i change that by pushing the bottom of the TPS adj a little? i think my missing is really more noticeable with the TPS where it is now than it was at .30.
this chip says TT 5.6. along side that it says 5628.
next line says 28# street 93
then the last line says 20 degrees- 18 degrees then on the right side bottom line it says 16-18 psi. all of this is hand written in pen.I guess i did get the chip i thought i was getting. keep in mind my aftermarket boost gauge only moves up to 10 psi and never goes any further.
when i bought this car it always had a bog just coming off idle as well as the miss that it still has (but to a lesser degree) the last thing done to the car prior to my noticing the miss was worse was the fuel pump and hot wire kit.when i brought the car home on the way it seemed to run fine all around.so much so that I told myself "i'd better be more careful now" no knock retard or any sign of the miss. the next day is when i noticed it missing on the shift so bad.by the way the original bog coming off idle is entirely gone now.
lasty the spark plugs in it are still looking like new.they are AC Delco p/n R44TS gapped to .42. i pulled the spark plug wires off the coil tonight and i really dont see any trace marks from any arching happening. do you think maybe i just have a bad coil? looks orig as does the part that it connects onto. i'm terriblly sorry that this is so long but i am just trying to give an answer to your every question and as much detail as i can see.
thanks again Jack
Paul