Thread: As always.....
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
I can't drive 55!

Yes, it was the turboflange gasket. I ran a Wednesday a couple of weeks ago and it ran pretty good the first pass, 9.62 @140.11 60' 1.37,22 psi . I was in such a rush that morning that I unfortunelty forgot the laptop... So I only had one shot at recording a run. I got back to the pits checked everything over, called Jack, and then checked the plugs. Everything looked pretty good. I went up for another pass and It left very soft, with no boost, the top of first gear it was like a rocket booster kicked in and it took off! I don't have the timeslips in front of me but it was a low 10 second run at 137 mph. So I got back to the pits, it was pitch black out at this point and I was by myself. I check everything over the best I could and I found the vacuum port on the fuel pressure regulator that was loose. I tightened that and thought that was it. Went up again and it was just as bad as the second pass. So I put it back in the trailer and didn't touch it till Sunday. I started it up Sunday in the trailer and noticed a loud noise from the turbo area. As you can see the gasket was blown out! Thank goodness, because I thought my converter was fried... I'm just waiting for the gasket right now and a new thermostat (it was running a little hot).

Hopefully we get a chance to go out one more time this year.
87 GN, RPE built 109 stroked, RJC girdle, billet main caps, custom comp roller cam, Champion ported aluminum heads, Champion aluminum intake, T&D 1.65 rockers, 96 lb injectors, Accufab 70mm throttle body RJC pullies, RJC A/C bracket,GTK-850, ATR headers,Deeds electronic boost controller, Cotton’s 4 inch down pipe w/ Turbonetics RG 45 gate, XFI, Cotton’s front mount, Level 10 built 400 trans w/brake, Converter? ,33 spline Moser axles, Spool, HR bar.

New best 9.44 @ 143!