View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Thumbs up Martin's going FAST!!!

Martin went to Palm Beach Friday evening and ran a personal best of 9.941 @135.81, with a 60ft. of 1.44 followed by another 9.946 @ 135.81, with a 60ft. of 1.47 ! Talk about constincency!...It was also the first time he ran in the 9's (finally!)
On Saturday, the event got rained out, but on Sunday I went with him to the track, but for some reason, they were only on an 1/8th of a mile on that day. Martin went a best of 6.14 @ 111.36, BUT with a 60ft. of 1.38! ...That would've been a great run if it had been on a ¼ mile!
He won the first two rounds of eliminations, but unfortunately, things started to go bad on the third as one of the fittings on the transmission cooler suddenly came off, spilling oil everywhere and of course, ending Martin's day as he was driving through the oil forcing him to lift his foot...
So back in the pit, we put the crippled GN on his trailer and brought the car at his garage where I helped Martin to unload it and, again, more bad luck as the right front tire was punctured while unloading on a sharp piece of angle iron from the trailer...
Oh well, I guess that's part of racing......But looking back at it, Martin and I still had a some fun and a great day and I'm very happy for him that he got into the 9's after a lot of hard work by him and the whole crew at Cotton's!...
That's about it for now...
See 'ya everyone!

Claude.
2012 Lincoln MKX

Last edited by toofastforyou; 03-23-2009 at 03:00 PM.