View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 AM

I'm running a Limit Engineering TE45A with a .63 exhaust housing... The car went low 11's on pump last time out(first time out with new turbo, downpipe, and headers), I put some 116 in it and ran a 10.80@124 twice, but blew a headgasket before I really got to "dial it in"...lol... I was picking up 4-5lbs of boost in the top of third gear, so the car was either fat through 1st and 2nd and good in third, or good in 1st and 2nd, but lean up top...I'm upgrading the internals now, roller cam, rockers, girdle, etc... So I'm thinking about doing an external wastegate, with a nice boost controller... I just don't want to buy something and have to upgrade again next year, or have a better unit out within months...lol... Let me know what you think would work, or if I should just wait until the new flanges are ready...
I found a used ATR external downpipe, but I don't know what wastegates will work with it, it has an ATR on it now, but I know I can't get a replacement for that... I'm not big on buying used parts either, they never seem to work out for me...