View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Nitro boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbochrgd1 View Post
Thanks guys! Thank you Jack for calling me that morning. It meant the world to me! Really! I did call you back that night, I left you a message.

It was a crazy day! The weather was terrible! One of the worst travel days of the year. Took us over double the amount of time to get down to the match. Weigh in's were at 1 pm, fights started at 2 pm. We got there at 10 minutes after 2. I came in at 169, which was perfect. (I still had my shirt pants and socks on too!) Thankfully my bout was 8th on a card of 10. So I still had plenty of time to warm up and strech out.

I have been training for this fight since mid October. I was very well prepared and in the best shape of my life! I went against a guy with 20 years martial arts experience and a 2nd degree black belt. The fight lasted a little under a minute. I won buy knockout. It was a left and a quick over hand/straight right that did it. I will try to post up a video of it soon.

As for what's next, there is a 170 title up for grabs that the president of the league said that he would be more than happy to set a fight up with me for, and that I was a top contender due to my performance yesterday. I guess we'll see what happens. I want to get a few more amatuer fights under my belt before I jump into that. I have kickboxing class tomorrow, I'll discuss it with my instructor and my stength/conditioning coach to get there take on it.

It was truly an awesome day! I have to say that I could have never have done it without the help and support of my wife, Nicole! She's the best!!!
Dude, That's fantastic!! Sounds like things went as planned---Congrats! Just don't forget to protect that pretty face Michael.