Thread: Texas GN
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Long Roofs are sexy!

Give Jack a call, and he'll set you up with a good regulator that mounts in the factory location. As for injectors, the biggest that you can go without modifying the computer is 60#-ers. (Actually, I think they may have something a little bigger. Not sure.)
The chips for the 60s are supposed to be pretty good for anything from mild to wild, so I would recommend going with those and a chip to match. You don't want to buy a chip for 42s, then upgrade injectors, and have to buy another chip, then upgrade injectors again to 60s, and have to buy another chip. Go as big as you can. It will be good for what you have now, and will be ready for future upgrades.
Just to be sure, talk to Jack about what you have, what you want now, and what your plans are for the future. Just remember this. When I built my toy, I started out saying I only wanted to put it into the 12s, and I'd be happy with that. Then, I just wanted low 12s. Then once I got a low 12, I just wanted an 11.................well, now I am getting a motor that should blow right past the 10s and put my waGoN in the 9s. So, keep that in mind. Most people don't stop with one little upgrade.

Keep it shiny side up, but show them your dirty side once in a while.

11.3@123mph on 195/75/14" whitewalls. Yes, 195s!
11.2 on the big giant slicks. What's the point? Maybe I'll go back to the whitewalls. They are lighter and have less rolling resistance.